Monday, October 3, 2011

ArtNation: Money Growing on Trees?

Created over a long span of time, I wanted to share this “Money Tree” that I found thanks to Honestly WTF. I first off fell in love with it probably mostly because of the size of it and its scaly features that are surprisingly made up of all coins. As this tree scaled with coins was a collaboration of superstitions built up over time, it is highly enjoyable t view...in photos though since these trees are found in several wooded areas of Cumbria and Portmeirion UK. Why all the coins in the tree’s? Well in the early 1700’s the ill would stick florins into trees in hopes that trees would cure their sicknesses. So as these money trees have only been made possible over time...centuries, even decades, by passerby hammering in coins, I just wanted to share with you what I found on the always great blog of Honestly WTF. Again, something I have stumbled upon on their blog that I never knew existed before. Simply great! 




No comments:

Post a Comment