Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Two-Cents: Potential DIY Ideas from Blogger Posts



So as their are endless DIY projects on the many blogs out there, I have been inspired by two random posts to perhaps do a DIY project of my own.

For this first possible DIY project, I stumble across this vase made of paintbrushes on the blog Design Crush. I don't know exactly if it is actually made of old paintbrushes spray painted silver and glued into the shape of a vase, but hey, it seems possible. Although, instead of paint brushes I think I might use old makeup brushes and turn it into my makeup brush holder. 

    My thoughts on how to do this project would be to first gather old or cheap brushes. Spray paint them whatever color you want your final “vase” to be. Once dry, glue them to a cup or old vase. You might have to overlap them so none of the actual cup is showing. Finally I would spray paint the entire piece once again to make sure it is all one even coat.

For this second possible DIY project, I fest seriously inspired by a necklace a fashion blogger was wearing. The blogger over at Tick Tok Vintage adorned her outfit with a mint green/turquoise beaded necklace. I seriously love this, but umm I have beads like it and also, I feel like it might a heavy piece. So instead of hard plastic beads, perhaps pom pom’s from a craft store? Their light, fun and cheap. Why not string them together and create a necklace similar to this one.
Of course I promise you all that is I actually make theses projects, I will of course share them with you. Until then, keep on exploring blogs, feel inspired to create whatever you want, and remember be creative! Oh, and share with me is you create anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment